AJAX KIT - 30" FREE-FLIGHT RUBBER DURATION
Designed around the S.M.A.E fuselage competition formula by Louis A Heath in 1939, he could not have foreseen how popular the Ajax would become and the reputation it would acquire. It established the ‘standard’ for free flight construction for hundreds of designs to come. This achievement is certainly reflected in the approximately one million AJAX kits sold since its introduction to the Keil Kraft range in 1946. This model is true to the Albert Hatfull redeveloped kit from 1946 but redrawn in CAD to allow for accurate part fitment and laser cutting to bring this iconic design to a new audience.
- Laser cut parts
- Re-drawn and re-engineered using CAD
- Propeller and rubber motor supplied in the kit
- White tissue supplied as a blank canvas for a design of your choice
Supplied in the Box
- Laser cut balsa components
- Wire, sheet & strip balsa wood
- Plain covering tissue
- Full size printed plan & instructions
- Rubber motor & propeller
Required to Complete
Keil Kraft models are traditional hobby products and are supplied in kit format. To complete the model as shown on the box then you will need to purchase further items such as tools and materials. Here is an example list, but please contact your local model shop for advice and guidance.
- A sharp knife and various hand tools
- Various grades of sand paper
- Clear film to protect the plan
- Pack of modelling pins
- Balsa cement, white glue or cyano ‘super glue’
- Model covering dope and thinners
- Decoration (paint or coloured tissue)
- Wing & tail mounting bands
- Cotton thread
Only Suitable For Ages 14+ - To complete the model as illustrated you will need to purchase further items such as tools and materials. Skill & patience are required. Choking Hazard - Contains small parts, keep out of reach of children.